Volunteer at the New England Aquarium
Due to Covid-19, we are placing a hiring hold on all Classic Corps Volunteer positions. All applicants will be placed on our wait-list through January 2021. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Love penguins? Curious about what’s going on with the anacondas? Passionate about educating people about marine animals and the environment? Volunteer at the Aquarium! Whether you're interested in a marine-related career or just want to get your feet—and hands—wet in the world of water, the Aquarium is the perfect place to volunteer your time and energy
Why Volunteer at the Aquarium?
- Discover what goes on at the Aquarium behind the scenes
- Work towards New England Aquarium’s mission of protecting the blue planet
- Meet others who are passionate about the world of water
- Gain valuable, hands-on experience
- Network with professionals and other volunteers
- Receive excellent benefits
What Do Volunteers Do?
- Prepare food for the penguins, fish, seals, and sea lions
- Feed the animals in the Giant Ocean Tank
- Educate and interact with visitors
- Design surveys for the Teacher Resource Center
- Conduct research on conservation projects
And more! To learn more about different types of Classic Corps Opportunities, click here. To learn more about the application process, click here.
Volunteer opportunities are available year-round in many different departments. Most positions require a six-month commitment, and volunteers work one full day a week (8 a.m.- 6 p.m.). Limited weekend and short-term positions available.