Audio Visual Technology Intern
Apply now for: Fall 2021
*Winter & Spring Applications will be available in August
Time Commitment: 2-3 Days per week for 12 weeks
The New England Aquarium is currently seeking an Audio Visual Technology Intern to assist with the daily operations of New England Aquarium's multifaceted presentation needs. The A/V Intern will assist with the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting related to A/V equipment serving both the Aquarium's public facing exhibits, presentation spaces, event rentals, and internal operations. Additionally, the intern will work directly with a diverse base of staff to troubleshoot A/V needs and concerns. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, self-starter, whom possess excellent customer service skills, and is looking to positively influence the institution's mission of Protecting the Blue Planet.
This position will report to the IT Helpdesk Supervisor. The intern will be an active participant in a dynamic team who are working to implement innovative new technological solutions benefiting all departments within the diverse and expansive operations of New England Aquarium.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Installs maintains and troubleshoots Audio/Visual equipment serving a diverse set of needs
- Provides maintenance on Aquarium exhibits and AV equipment in conference rooms on equipment including but not limited to iPads, projectors, microphones, speakers, amplifiers and LCD displays
- Works with staff to resolve A/V issues by talking them through a series of steps, by email, face to face, or over the phone
- Prepare reports as needed
- Answers high volume of telephone calls, responds to voice mail and email messages
- Performs position related duties as assigned
- Provides exceptional customer service to all New England Aquarium staff, volunteers, interns and applicants
- Strong PC skills including working within both Mac and Windows environments
- Knowledge of software such as WebEx, Skype, Google Hangouts, Zoom conferencing preferred
- Comfortable working in a busy live environment with staff and visitors
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of completed undergraduate study
- Interest in the fields of technology, computer science, information systems, information technology, computer engineering, or software engineering
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented; strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving abilities; ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication (verbal and written), and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced environment and customer service experience strongly preferred
The New England Aquarium's mission is to protect the blue planet through hands-on programs, live animal and interactive exhibits, public lectures and forums, and research and conservation projects.
This mission is fulfilled through exhibits, and through education, conservation and research programs. Exhibits showcase the diversity, importance and beauty of aquatic life and habitats, and highlight critical aquatic conservation issues. Programs emphasize species, habitats and issues critical to New England. The Aquarium is also a pioneer in marine animal rescue and a leading ocean conservation organization with research scientists working around the globe.
The New England Aquarium serves as a responsive community resource that attracts and involves the broadest possible audience; seeks a culturally diverse staff and governing board that reflect our community; adheres to the highest standards of animal stewardship; and is committed to delivering the highest quality visitor experience in a welcoming and enjoyable manner that evokes wonder, curiosity, understanding, caring and action.
The Department of Information Technology aids in the design, implementation, and ongoing support of systems that efficiently manage processes in every facet of the Aquarium's daily operations including daily administrative tasking, point of sale, audio-visual presentations, and internationally renowned research efforts. The team supports and manages the technological needs related to a staff of more than 350 whom serve in five diverse facilities.
Please register an account here and click "Submit an Application." If you already have an account, please login and click "Submit an Application."