Aquarium Medical Center
Due to Covid-19, we are placing a hiring hold on all Classic Corps Volunteer positions. All applicants will be placed on our wait-list through January 2021. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Time Commitment: One full day (8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.) per week for a period of six months
Summary: The Aquarium Medical Center (AMC) is the primary workspace for our Animal Health Department. It consists of a hospital ward for sick or injured animals, a surgical suite, radiography room, pharmacy, diagnostic lab, environmental quality lab, and necropsy facility. The Animal Health Department consists of veterinarians, a veterinary technician, marine biologists, a laboratory manager, and an environmental quality manager and technicians.
- Assist the AMC staff in all areas of animal care and medical treatments.
- As a volunteer you will assist with preventative medicine, medical treatments, quarantine, pathology, laboratory diagnostics, and data entry under the supervision of the technician or biologists.
- The volunteer will gain exposure to a wide variety of the aquarium collection including reptiles, amphibians, fish, and occasionally birds and marine mammals.
- Previous experience with animal care and handling desired.
- A background in college-level basic math and science is a must.
- Candidates must be in good physical condition, 18 years old or older, be able to lift 50 pounds, and must be able work independently.
Ready to apply? For first time applicants, make sure to register an account here, then click "Submit an Application" in the menu bar.
Already have an account? Once logged in, click "Submit an Application"!