Human Resources Intern
Apply now for: Spring 2021
*Spring applications will be available in October
Time commitment: 12-16 weeks. 10 hours per week.
The New England Aquarium is currently seeking a Human Resources Intern to assist with the daily operations of the Human Resources Department. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, self-starter looking to gain experience in the Human Resources, Non-Profit Administration, or related field.
This position will report to the Human Resources Coordinator and will take on other projects from HR staff as assigned.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assists with recruitment efforts including reference checking, reporting, and posting jobs
- Assists with training efforts including preparing materials and tracking
- Administrative duties such as filing, creation of employee and benefits folders, and assembly of benefits packages
- Assists with staff appreciation events
- Provide support for staff benefits events
- Assists with Affirmative Action reporting in SpeedEEO system
- Audit benefit carrier invoices
- Audit compliance paperwork in benefits folders (i.e. HIRD, health and retirement waivers)
- Maintain files, photocopies, completes data entry and manages data within UltiPro, HR/Payroll system
- Conduct job description inventory
- Provides exceptional and engaging customer service in all interactions
- Other projects as assigned
- Requires minimum of 2 years of completed undergraduate study
- Interest in the fields of human resources and non-profit administration
- A commitment to strict confidentiality
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented; strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving abilities; ability to work independently as well as on a team; flexibility
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Customer service experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Experience with database systems a plus
The New England Aquarium’s mission is to protect the blue planet through hands-on programs, live animal and interactive exhibits, public lectures and forums, and research and conservation projects.
This mission is fulfilled through exhibits, and through education, conservation and research programs. Exhibits showcase the diversity, importance and beauty of aquatic life and habitats, and highlight critical aquatic conservation issues. Programs emphasize species, habitats and issues critical to New England. The Aquarium is also a pioneer in marine animal rescue and a leading ocean conservation organization with research scientists working around the globe.
The New England Aquarium serves as a responsive community resource that attracts and involves the broadest possible audience; seeks a culturally diverse staff and governing board that reflect our community; adheres to the highest standards of animal stewardship; and is committed to delivering the highest quality visitor experience in a welcoming and enjoyable manner that evokes wonder, curiosity, understanding, caring and action.
The Human Resources Department supports New England Aquarium's mission by attracting and retaining highly skilled staff, providing professional, knowledgeable and timely HR support and services to staff members, and partnering with management to develop solutions to HR issues and challenges. The Human Resources Department serves as a source of information and expertise in workforce planning, compensation, benefits and services, occupational health and safety, and employer relations.
Please register an account here and click "Submit an Application." If you already have an account, please login and click "Submit an Application."
Visit: Frequently Asked Questions
Applications should be submitted by*:
For details about priority deadlines, please click here