Dive Operations Internship
Apply Now for: Spring 2024, Summer 2024
12-16 Weeks. 3 Full Days Per Week (8:00 am-5:00 pm)
NEAq’s Dive Ops Internship is an educational opportunity for an individual to work alongside the Dive operations team who aspires to become a dive professional through an aquarium, university, or research vessel.. Interns are responsible for assisting in all aspects of dive operations through hands-on training above and below the water.
· Diving in the GOT and other habitats for underwater feedings and maintenance tasks
· Partner with staff to maintain gear and fill cylinders
· Attend Dive Control meetings
· Assist in maintaining dive records and support other administrative tasks
· Become familiar with OSHA/AAUS compliance in the aquarium dive industry
· Become familiar with material covered in the DAN DFA Pro course
Collaborate with mentor to identify and complete a project aligning with organizational and professional goals
· Must be at least 18 years old
· Must be able to lift 60 pounds
-Open Water certification or higher from an internationally recognized agency. Rescue certification preferred.
· Must be able to pass a diving-specific physical and a checkout dive with our diving safety officer (DSO)
· All prospective dive interns must have logged a minimum of 25 (not including certification checkout dives) open water dives, at least 5 of which have taken place in the previous 12 month period
The New England Aquarium is a catalyst for global change through public engagement and education, commitment to marine animal conservation, innovative scientific research, and effective advocacy for a vital and vibrant ocean.
Please register an account here then click “Submit an Application” in the menu bar. If you already have an account, please log in and click "Submit an Application."
Visit: Frequently Asked Questions