Age Minimum (with Adult):18+, Minimum Age:18+
Apply Now! Water Quality Volunteer (Boston)
Apply Now for Weekday Positions
One day (8:45 a.m.-1:00 p.m.) per week for a period of six months
Summary: Animals living in the New England Aquarium rely on water to keep them healthy. Our Water Quality Lab staff analyzes environmental elements for all Aquarium exhibits to ensure the appropriate parameters are met to keep exhibits thriving.
- Collect water samples from various marine mammal, penguin and fish exhibits.
- Assist with the chemical and microbiological analysis of those and other water samples under the supervision of Water Quality Technical staff.
- Volunteers will be utilizing several techniques to analyze salt and fresh water, including pH meters, spectrophotometers, and titrations.
- Basic chemistry and biology background.
- Previous experience in a lab helpful.
- Must have demonstrated ability to learn quickly and be motivated to work independently.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: