Age Minimum (with Adult):18+, Minimum Age:18+
Apply Now! Conservation Volunteer
Monday-Friday, 1 full day or 2 half days per week for a period of 6 months
Morning and/or afternoon availability from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Summary: The New England Aquarium’s Conservation Department aims to integrate scientific information, public outreach and policy initiatives to effect lasting change in the ocean environment. Our work involves extensive web-based research and report writing, which must be thoroughly and accurately documented. This position will assist the Conservation Department with organization of their computer based library, a collection of downloaded reports and journal articles. This position is an excellent opportunity for an individual majoring in library science or a related field. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, self-directed and able to successfully design and implement an organizational system for the library.
- Organize an extensive collection of PDFs stored on a shared network
- Navigate existing Endnote files to extract relevant information in order to incorporate files into new organizational system
- Categorize PDF files based on topic/subject matter preferably in manner easily accessed within Windows 7
- Represent the Conservation Department in a professional manner when interacting with other departments
- Perform other position related duties as assigned
- Must be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement due to access to proprietary information.
- Proficient in Windows 7, Microsoft programs, Endnote, and Adobe
- Familiarity with the principles and procedures necessary for computer-based recordkeeping preferred
- Familiarity and understanding of archival description and representation preferred
- Professionalism and comfort working independently in an office environment are required
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: