Classic Volunteer Corps
- Before you apply...
- Animal Husbandry Volunteer Openings
- Animal Health Volunteer Openings
- Museum Operation Volunteer Openings
- Conservation and Research Volunteer Openings
- Education Volunteer Openings
- live blue™ Service Corps
- Get Started!
- Volunteer FAQs
- Volunteer Benefits
- Classic Volunteer Corps
Animal Husbandry Positions
- Marine Mammal Training Internship
- Floating Galleries
- Marine Mammal Enrichment Intern
- Giant Ocean Tank
- Sustainability Project Intern
- Penguin Colony
- Marine Mammals
- Northern Waters Gallery
- Freshwater Gallery
- Temperate Gallery
- Tropical Gallery
- West Wing Special Exhibit
- Wet Lab & Edge Of the Sea Exhibit
- Yawkey Coral Reef Gallery
- Quincy Animal Care Center
- Quincy Live Foods Culture Intern
- Quincy Husbandry Dive Intern
- Research Internships
- Animal Health Internships
Museum Operations Internships
- External Relations Intern
- Marine Conservation Action Fund Social Media Intern
- Marketing and Communications Intern
- Volunteer Programming Intern
- Development/Grant Writing Intern
- Human Resources Intern
- Audio/Visual Technology Internship
- Information Technology Intern
- Event Planning and Coordination Intern
- Veterinary Externships
- Education Internships
- Animal Husbandry Positions
- Before you apply...
- Internship FAQs
- Internship Positions
- Hours of Service Awards
- Presidential Service Awards
- Years of Service Awards
- Lifetime Achievement Awards
- Unsung Hero Award
- Supervisor of the Year
- Susie Buttrick Award
- live blue Service Corps Awards
- Volunteer Programs and Internships Blog
- Volunteer Awards
- About Us
Developing Future Experts in Ocean Stewardship
Interning at New England Aquarium is a unique and dynamic professional experience helping passionate individuals create a career in areas like Animal Care, Non-Profit Management, Research, and Conservation while working side by side with experts in their fields.Internships are a great way to gain valuable, hands-on work experience and build your resume. As an Intern with New England Aquarium you'll have the opportunity to connect with a community that is passionate about marine science, and help work towards the Aquarium's mission of protecting the blue planet.
Internships offered by the Volunteer Programs and Internships Office are designed for applicants who are college-level and beyond, as well as 18+ years of age. Students under age 18 living in the Greater Boston Area can apply to be a paid summer teen intern through our Teen Programs Office. For a full list of all Teen Programs, click here!
|Internship Season||Apply By||Minimum Committment*|
|Spring||December 1st||12 weeks, 2-3 days/week|
|Summer||January 31st||12 weeks, 2-3 days/week|
|Fall||June 1st||12 weeks, 2-3 days/week|
|Winter||October 16th||125 hours served|
*Minimum committment may vary slightly by position, please see individual position descriptions for complete position requirements.
Please apply by the dates in the table above. We will begin reviewing applications on these dates but will accept applications as long as positions are available. Missed the application date? You can still apply!
The Decision Process
You will receive confirmation by email that your application has been received. Select candidates will be invited for interviews with representatives from the Volunteer Programs and Internships Office. Based on the results of a first round interview, a second interview with the respective department of interest will be scheduled.
We regret that we are unable to respond to status inquiries over the phone.
New England Aquarium
©2017 New England Aquarium, an affiliate of the HandsOn Connect, 1 Central Wharf, Boston, MA 02110 | 617 - 973 - 5200