Marketing and Communications Intern with the Anderson Cabot Center for Ocean Life
Apply now for: Fall 2019
Time commitment: At Least 3 Full Days Per Week (8:00am-5:00pm) for 12-16 weeks.
We are looking for an intern to join the Marketing and Communications team within the Anderson Cabot Center for Ocean Life. This intern would be embedded with the existing team and would be helping to tell the research and conservation stories of the Aquarium. This would include writing blog posts, developing social media strategy and executions and other projects as they come up.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing blog posts and stories for social media that focus on the work of the Anderson Cabot Center and the Aquarium
- Preparing photos and videos to accompany research and conservation stories
- Organizing media assets to help support the marketing and communications team
- Traveling to different locations to capture field work for storytelling purposes
- Interviewing scientists and team members to learn more about the work and to translate it for our other audiences.
- Strategic thinking and problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Collaborative / teamwork approach
- Positive and optimistic outlook
- Creative thinking and storytelling
- Orientation (takes place prior to first training or shift with department)
- Meet and Greet
- Two Professional Development sessions
- Intern Celebration
- Exit Interview
Through hands-on programs, live animal and interactive exhibits, public lectures and forums, and research and conservation projects. The New England Aquarium’s mission is to protect the blue planet.
This mission is fulfilled through exhibits, and through education, conservation and research programs. Exhibits showcase the diversity, importance and beauty of aquatic life and habitats, and highlight critical aquatic conservation issues. Programs emphasize species, habitats and issues critical to New England. The Aquarium is also a pioneer in marine animal rescue, and a leading ocean conservation organization with research scientists working around the globe.
The New England Aquarium serves as a responsive community resource that attracts and involves the broadest possible audience; seeks a culturally diverse staff and governing board that reflect our community; adheres to the highest standards of animal stewardship; and is committed to delivering the highest quality visitor experience in a welcoming and enjoyable manner that evokes wonder, curiosity, understanding, caring and action.
At the Anderson Cabot Center for Ocean Life, we’re saving species, habitats, and strengthening the overall health of our oceans.
We combine pioneering marine conservation research with strategic partnerships, and the formidable convening power of the New England Aquarium to combat the unprecedented impacts of human activities on our oceans.
Fall 2019: Please apply here.
Visit: Frequently Asked Questions
Applications should be submitted by*
Spring: January 15th
Summer: January 31st
Fall: June 1st
Winter: October 16th
*Priority given to candidates applying by this date. Full application details available here.
Can I still apply?